I picked up a tsock kit last year at Rhinebeck, promising myself that I’d be allowed to buy a new one this year if I could work through it by that time.
Hey, did you know that Rhinebeck is a mere seven weeks away? Yeah, I was shocked too.
Fortunately this tsock tseems pretty tstraightforward, so far—I cast on for ‘em on Thursday night and have already completed the first one. There were a few uncorrected errata issues, but Lisa is both awesome and fast at answering those types of questions so I had a fix within hours of running into the problem (and it probably would’ve been faster if it hadn’t come up in the middle of the night.) Other than that my biggest quibble is the fit, but I think a good blocking will solve that; mostly the leg portion is too wide, being written for a 9″ foot/ankle when mine are only 8″. I compensated for it on the foot by making it a little short, so that it stretches vertically and becomes narrower, but there’s not much to be done for it on the leg. Maybe if I’d thought about it I could’ve cast on fewer stitches and increased after the ribbing, but I didn’t. Oh well!
Now I’ve just got to knit the beaded (eek) lace overlay and then work up the second one, but I think I’ll pop this in a bath first and make sure I can actually make it fit. Actually, I wonder if I could frog the ribbing from the provisional cast on and re-do it that way…